Water Services Civil Operator - [Archived Advertisement]
Liverpool Plains Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Services Civil Operator
$47,533.20 - $60,829.60 + Superannuation
9 day Fortnight
Liverpool Plains Shire is a vibrant, dynamic and economically strong rural area located four hours north of Sydney and 45 minutes south of the regional centre of Tamworth. The region has a rich agricultural history and picturesque beauty encompassing the foothills of the Great Dividing Range and the sweeping expanse of the fertile Liverpool Plains. The area offers the opportunity for a true rural lifestyle in a friendly atmosphere with excellent transport links. Council offers a range of benefits to employees including a 9 day fortnight, training and study assistance.
The Works Department at Liverpool Plains Shire Council is seeking an experienced Water Services Civil Operator.
The position of Water Services Civil Operator is responsible to work as part of a team to deliver safe and reliable water and sewer services to the community of the Liverpool Plains. The successful candidate will assist with the maintenance of Council’s water and sewer assets.
- Participate in the quarterly reading of water meters
- Conduct water sampling in line with Council policies and regulatory requirements
- Perform traffic control duties on worksites where required
- Operate a variety of small and large mobile plant and equipment in accordance with Councils requirements.
- Carry out installation of pipework and fittings across Councils water and sewage distribution network
- Assist with maintenance and testing of pump stations and treatment works
Qualifications / Experience
- Plant Operator Certificate of Competency (Frontend loader/Backhoe/Excavator/Skid-steer).
- Class MR Drivers Licence.
- Have successfully completed SafeWork NSW General Construction induction training.
- Demonstrated ability to co-operatively work in a multi-disciplinary work environment to achieve the best outcomes.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously, as well as co-operatively within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand instructions, warning labels and compliance information relating to Council Policy, Work Health & Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain records, and communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability and prepared to work according to a 7-day spread-of-hours on-call roster, and perform overtime duties (as applicable) where directed.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of EEO and WH&S, and a demonstrated ability to apply them to work practices.
If you are interested in the opportunity for a challenging career providing services to the community, please contact Garth Parker, Water Services Supervisor on 0428 637 646 on or visit Council’s website www.lpsc.nsw.gov.au to find out more about the position..
For information on the recruitment process please contact Sophie Boyce, Human Resources Business Partner on (02) 6746 4502.
Please submit your application by 4pm Friday 26th July 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jul 2019
- NSW - Quirindi
- $47,533.20 - $60,829.60 + Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis