Fixed Term Contract
Great opportunity for an experienced Water Planning Engineer to join our Water Supply, Policy and Strategy team at Ipswich for a fixed term contract (12 months) with possibility of extension.
About the position
An experienced Planning Engineer is sought to play a key role in planning and developing cost efficient options for the improvement of individual bulk water supply assets to ensure water supply requirements are achieved efficiently through the maximisation of asset utilisation, optimisation of capital investment and risk management. You will be responsible for identifying deficiencies and improvements particularly utilising water supply system modelling to ensure prudent and efficient asset investment. You will also contribute to long term investment planning for bulk water supply assets.
Desirable skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant professional experience in planning, engineering or similar discipline related to water distribution is required.
- Experience in water supply network modelling is a key requirement.
- Experience in Options Analysis and Costing.
- Sound understanding and experience in design of water supply network infrastructure.
- Sound understanding of scoping and prioritising asset investments, including development of short, medium and long-term investment profiles.
- Strong communication, negotiation and consultation skills including the ability to liaise with a range of different stakeholders.
- Current Unrestricted Queensland Drivers Licence.
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including up to 12.75% superannuation;
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities;
- A team orientated work environment.
This position has been graded in accordance with Seqwater’s Certified Agreement as PO4 with a salary of $99,129.30 per annum and up to 12.75% superannuation.
To submit an application
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: 9am, Monday 21 August 2017
For further information please contact Tess Anderson, Talent Acquisition Officer on 07 3035 5731.
Seqwater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants to apply. For more information about employment opportunities at Seqwater visit careers.seqwater.com.au