Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services for a variety of projects internationally. We seek to unravel complexity, create clarity and use our unique thinking to provide innovative solutions.
In Newcastle, we now have an additional role available for a Civil Water Engineer due to a continuing increase in pump station, pipeline and treatment projects here and across Australia. From Newcastle office, we are currently planning and designing upgrades and expansions to water and sewerage systems in Central Coast, Lake Macquarie, Muswellbrook Shire, Newcastle, Auckland, Brisbane and Sydney.
This role will suit an engineer who has gained sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to lead their component of the design, and to guide junior engineers assigned to those tasks. Candidates will also be considered who have the aptitude to step up to that level under guidance over the next year or two.
We seek a technically strong candidate for a role that will involve:
- Modelling of networks
- Concept and detailed design and documentation of pump stations and pipelines
- Hydraulic design for treatment plants
- Preparation of reports and presentation of results
- Contribution to the development of innovative solutions
- Integration of leading digital techniques
- Liaison with clients on projects
- Assistance with the development of proposals
To be successful you will demonstrate the following qualities and characteristics:
- A passion to develop leading technical expertise.
- Relevant degree qualifications
- Previous network design project experience
- Hydraulic analysis skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to use relevant software including:
- Mike Urban
- Bentley Hammer
- Track record in or aptitude for planning and delivering work packages for projects and discipline components of projects.
You will be rewarded by a vibrant and collaborative work environment. Aurecon will offer the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and world class peer group, who aim to be thought leaders in our field.
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward-thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now with your detailed resume.
How to apply
If you are interested to learn more, please send us your CV and a cover letter that tells us why we need you, by using the "Apply Now" button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program.
Applications are sought from direct candidates only.