With over six decades of business and technical experience in the infrastructure, mining, and energy sectors, Hatch understands that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Fantastic career growth opportunity with a tier one global engineering consultancy
- Convenient office work location
- Welcoming team and collaborative working environment
The Water Resource Group forms part of the Dynamic Earth Solutions Group, a global practice providing civil engineering design expertise to Hatch's commodity-based business units. Our capability spans through the whole project lifecycle, comprising scoping, conceptual design, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering, construction and project management.
Our Brisbane Dynamic Earth Solutions team is currently seeking applications from Team Lead - Water Resource Engineers to join the group and assist with current and exciting future project requirements and opportunities.
This is an exciting time of growth across our business and there will be an opportunity to further accelerate your career as you actively and successfully work with others to contribute to the growth of the practice and the wider Hatch communities.
Core functional tasks & key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide leadership and team mentorship and assist in growing the team to service various clients.
- Assist in managing existing clients and nurture new relationships.
- Participate actively in the personal development of the young engineers.
- Review of reports for quality and accuracy.
- Assist team members in the proposal preparation.
- Identify new areas of growth in the industry and build a team appropriate to the requirements.
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaborative and inclusive work style.
- Applicants with RPEQ and CPEng is required.
- Prior experience within the industrial and mining sectors will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience in Hydraulic flood modelling and water balance will be well regarded
- Solid post graduate industry experience in consulting engineering or a similar local or state government role, with exposure to medium-large and multidisciplinary infrastructure projects.
We want to hear from people who are passionate about their craft, want to make a difference and actively contribute to the success of their group and the wider organization.
An employee owned organisation, by joining Hatch you will have the opportunity to be recognised and rewarded for your efforts. You will be provided with many benefits including: competitive remuneration and above statutory superannuation payments; optional salary sacrifice for additional annual leave, and participation in various employee reward and recognition and health and wellbeing programs.
To be considered for these roles you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. a permanent resident or citizen of Australia or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button above.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.