Project Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
North QLD Bulk Ports Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
NQBP is one of Australia's largest port authorities by tonnage throughput. More than half of Queensland's trade, by tonnage, passes through our ports at Weipa, Abbot Point, Mackay and Hay Point.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Maritime Services, this role will coordinate and support delivery of a wide range of commercial and maritime projects to support NQBP operations. You will be required to support managers in delivering multiple simultaneous projects and work autonomously with internal and external stakeholders.
Other responsibilities are:
- Coordinate and deliver program design, project planning, data analysis, implementation reporting, and contract administration.
- Support the development and maintenance of project documentation, including business cases, risk management plans, registers, budgets and status reports.
- Support the tendering process, through review of tenders/contracts provided by suppliers to ensure compliance with project scope/requirements and quality standards.
- Prepare written materials and reports for a range of stakeholders
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this opportunity you will have project management experience and excellent communication skills. Other criteria includes;
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, analysis, implementation and reporting;
- Experience preparing a range of documents from board/executive reports through to project plans;
- Demonstrated experience in the management of contracts;
- Strong systems skills and Intermediate level use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Collaboration and Interpersonal skills;;
- Strong organisation, planning and risk assessment skills.
A full role description is available below on this advert and enquiries can be sent to email@example.com using the job title as the header.
Note: all roles include a pre-employment medical and candidates must be able to provide a criminal history check as part of the process.
NQBP is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages those with diverse backgrounds to apply, our workplace is dynamic, flexible and interesting. We have a team of diverse professionals who are committed to our values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Unity. Our staff pursue a high standard of environmental guardianship, performance and management, both of our own activities and those of commercial partners.
Application ProcessIf you are interested in this dynamic 3 year fixed term role, based in Mackay, please click Apply to submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining your capabilities and interest in the role.
Applications close by 5pm, Wednesday, 17 June 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 17 Jun 2020
- QLD - Mackay
- Work Type:
- Full Time