- $83K - $91K + Super
- Full time with monthly RDO
- Ref: 17784
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city and home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have a unique opportunity for a Construction Engineer to work with a dynamic team to deliver infrastructure projects for the benefit of the Moreland Community.
This position will be involved in the contract management and inspection of Capital Works Projects including road reconstruction, drainage and traffic management works including subdivision and drainage aspects of multi-unit developments and ensuring that quality and OHS requirements are in accordance with current legislation and Council requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant experience in civil construction environment
- Knowledge and ability to interpret specifications and standard drawings
- Substantial knowledge of design and construction of drainage infrastructure is highly regarded
- Extensive experience in the supervision of contractors and the construction of civil infrastructure
- Tertiary (Degree) qualification in Civil Engineering enabling eligibility for Membership of the Institute of Engineers, Australia
- Current Victorian drivers licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- A monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Joseph Carnuccio on 9240 2236
Applications close: Sunday 17th February 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.