- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $98K – $110K + Super
- Permanent full time role with access to monthly RDO
- Ref No: 18103
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city which is home to more than 180,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our dynamic Sustainable Built Environment Team to drive a water sensitive city.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Lead the refresh of our Watermap 2020 Strategy
- Lead the development of an action plan for the implementation of gross pollutant traps (GPTs) and other litter devices across Moreland to reduce litter and (in particular) plastic pollution from reaching Moreland’s waterways
- Lead delivery of stormwater harvesting, water sensitive urban design (WSUD)
- Provide expert advice and support to internal Council teams looking to incorporate WSUD principles providing technical advice on WSUD in planning permit applications
- Represent Moreland with external partners, such as Melbourne Water, and at external events such as the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and Water Management Forums
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced staff in the Unit.
- Provide a high level of broader ESD support and advice to the CEO, Directors, and other Management staff in delivering strategic ESD outcomes for Council.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience and technical expertise in relation to environmental engineering and water, programs, projects and policy
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of integrated water cycle management
- Previous experience in developing and project managing integrated water cycle management and water sensitive urban design programs and capital works projects
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate successful cross-organisational and multi-organisational projects.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Diverse and stimulating senior role at a local council recognised for leadership in integrated water management
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Salary Sacrifice options
For further information please contact Kathryn Skidmore on 9240 1188
Applications close: 5pm, 27 November 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.