We’re looking for a Regional Environmental Manager for our Eastern Region comprising of our Darnum and Bayswater sites. This role will provide innovation and technical assistance in loss reduction, environmental best practice, waste treatment and resource management to ensure optimum plant performance and sustainable operations.
You’ll be responsible for further development and maintenance of the region’s ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management system to ensure compliance with operational licenses, statutory requirements and procedures as they relate to the environment.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team’s you’ll also work in closely with leaders across the engineering and production streams to ensure we continue to achieve our sustainability and environmental goals.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, participating and undertaking Environmental Audits of the EMS and other environmental programs
- Effective and sustainable wastewater management including on-farm irrigation incorporating oversight of daily operations, ensuring compliance of irrigation systems and effective community / farmer relationships
- Develop and manage the region’s environmental monitoring system (soil, groundwater, air, water/wastewater, noise, biosolids and other wastes) ensuring data integrity and effective monitoring of the condition of the environment
Skills and Experience
Your ability to build lasting relationships both internally and externally will be key to your success in the role. You’ll also need to possess a strong continuous improvement focus. Ideally, you’ll have dairy and pasture management experience but its critical you have good knowledge of the current ISO 14001 standard.
Other key skills include:
- Strong operational and commercial acumen in an environmental management role
- Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Chemical
- Engineering or similar
- Project management skills
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles would be an advantage
It goes without saying this is an important role for us, so if you are looking for a role where you can add value and make a difference within the environmental field, apply now!
Be at the forefront of dairy nutrition – join us today.