Senior Field Officer
Vacancy Reference: 11387
Salary Range: $67,117.71 to $71,688.36
Location: MacNamara Street, Water Laboratory
Close Date: 18 March 2018
Applications: Must be submitted online via the Cairns Regional Council website.
Primary Objectives of the position:
- Coordinate and supervise the Laboratory's sampling programs utilising the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Manage the Laboratory Assistant / Field Officer team.
- Coordinate the maintenance, repair and calibration of field equipment.
- Consult with internal and external clients on sampling requirements.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science (Chemistry, Biology or otherrelevant science subjects).
- Demonstrated experience in water sampling and operation of field based chemical testing equipment
- Proficiency in Microsft Office and LIMS.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and management of sampling programs.
- Experience managing environmental data.
- Boat licence (or be willing to acquire)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and largely unsupervised, as well as within a team, and demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria, please refer to the position description on our website.
Cairns Regional Council offers the following benefits:
- 19 day month rostered day off
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
How to apply:
Your application must be submitted online and consist of the following:
- Cover letter
- Selection Criteria Response addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria
- Copy of your current resume
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria may not be accepted.
As part of the selection process, the successful candidate will be required to undertake the following pre-employment medical assessments;
- a pre-employment medical, which will include a medical assessment, functional capacity assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- a national police / criminal history check.