Reference Number: 12819
Salary Range: $82,180.86 - $95,417.89 per annum
Location: 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns
Closing: Sunday 26th May 2019
Join our team now and enjoy the following benefits:
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
Primary objectives of the position:
- The Engineer Planning core role is the technical lead for the development, implementation and maintenance of assigned water and wastewater hydraulic models, and associated processes and practices, to support the strategic direction for infrastructure capacity requirements.
- The Engineer Planning shall also assist the Senior Engineer Planning in the development and maintenance of catchment water balance models of Council’s existing water catchments.
- The Engineer Planning shall also provide hydraulic and other relevant technical advice in relation to Water & Waste’s development assessment processes and the planning and design phases of selected capital works projects.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in infrastructure modelling and planning relevant to the water and wastewater industry.
- Current “C” class Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of hydraulic models of water supply and wastewater collection networks, including integration with asset management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in utilising hydraulic modelling tools to analyse infrastructure performance and provide improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative in sourcing information and making decisions required to progress assigned tasks.
- Experience in GIS applications (MapInfo) and knowledge of Asset Management processes and applications (e.g. Munsys, Matman, Authority, Tech One).
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards, guidelines and industry best practice.
- Demonstrated ability using effective communication skills when dealing with external suppliers / Consultants.
- Well-developed written communication skills with demonstrated ability to write detailed engineering reports.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria you must go to our website: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
- Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following pre employment assessments / checks:-
- Pre employment medical, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification / Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa