Reference Number: 12897
Salary Range: $101,064.23 - $113,688.11 per annum
Location: 119 - 145 Spence Street, Cairns
Closing: Monday 22nd July 2019
We offer the following benefits:
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
Primary objectives of the position:
- To be responsible, under the direction of the Principal Engineer – Design and Delivery, for the development and management of Capital Works projects (projects) required for the delivery of the Capital Works Program.
- This includes the project management of the planning, development and delivery of nominated projects, supervision of staff reporting directly to the Senior Engineer engaged in the development and delivery of nominated projects, provision of technical advice where required on projects, monitoring and reporting of project progression, and development of processes and procedures instrumental to the operation of the unit and the branch as required.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Engineering degree with extensive current experience in water, wastewater and waste or other utility environment.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks within a demanding framework and think laterally for solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in development and delivery of water, wastewater or solid waste projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small multidisciplinary team focused on achieving assigned goals.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria you must go to our website: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following preâ€‘employment assessments / checks:-
- Preâ€‘employment medical, which will include a medical assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Qualification / Licence Verification
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa