Engineer Demand Management
(2 Year Fixed-Term Role with Possible 1 Year Extension)
Reference Number: 13085
Salary Range: $84,243.60 - $89,672.50 pro-rata per annum
Location: 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns
Closing: Monday, 13th January 2020
- The Engineer Demand Management role has the primary objective to assist with the delivery of assigned elements of the Demand Management Strategy (DMS), including tasks under associated capital projects and operational items.
- The position will be responsible for project tasks and advice to the project team for delivering demand management initiatives and outcomes.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent relevant experience in the water industry.
- Well-developed knowledge of the relevant legislative frameworks and technical standards.
- Practical/applied knowledge of water metering, data management and water demand management frameworks and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative in sourcing information and making decisions required to progress assigned tasks.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria you must go to our website: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
We offer the following benefits:
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
- Primary objectives of the position:
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following preâ€‘employment assessments / checks:-
- Preâ€‘employment medical, which will include a medical assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification / Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa