Gympie Regional Council's Water Business Unit
Gympie Regional Council provides water and sewerage services to over 30,000 residents, and has recently embarked on a major reform program to implement and develop a contemporary customer focussed water business unit. As such, unique and exciting opportunities exist for the experienced water business professional with a proven track record in the industry to lead the process and guide the goals and functions of this Council driven enterprise from its inception to new heights. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a modern water and sewerage business which is customer focused and underpinned by strong and sustainable business principles.
Remuneration: This position will offer an attractive salary package negotiated with the successful candidate depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Sunday 4 March at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in preparing the Water Business Unit's Strategic Planning, Asset Management and Capital Works Program
Responsible to the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Strategic Planning Branch through:
- Long term (20+ years) strategic infrastructure planning and asset management.
- Optimising asset life-cycle costs such as asset standardisation, condition assessment and maintenance programs by developing maintenance frameworks.
- Capital investment frameworks and governance processes.
- Development Assessments and Approvals for associated infrastructure, new connections and assets.
- Feasibility studies and business cases that support growth, renewal, compliance and improvement projects.
- Budget development and management.
- Grants and funding application preparation and management.
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Sound knowledge of strategic and asset management principles, legislation and relevant Australian Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development and delivery of master planning and asset management planning projects within the water industry.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of any of these roles, please contact Moira Zeilinga, the Executive Manager - Water Business Unit on Ph: 54810493 or via email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer?
- An attractive salary package for the right candidate
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate
- Access to professional development and employee education assistance
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
For a full explanation of our values please click here.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.