Remuneration: Salary range between $88,701 to $94,166 plus 13% superannuation. Option for negotiation of Council vehicle use arrangements.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 September 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
With a particular focus on your successful track record in negotiation, conflict resolution, collaboration and mediation, this position will manage the development engineering function to provide timely, high quality input into the assessment of development applications. In addition, the position will effectively administer the operational works component of developments within the Gympie Region.
What we are looking for
A democratic and inclusive leadership style that can effectively collaborate and negotiate with developers and other Council professionals to achieve outcomes will excel in this position. For this pivotal role, we are seeking a self managed individual with a high level of knowledge pertaining to development engineering concepts. You will require a tertiary qualification in civil engineer along with significant and relevant experience at a senior leadership level in a development engineering environment. Whilst managing a small team of dedicated professionals, you will be expected to:
- provide expert advice to both internal and external stakeholders regarding the assessment of development applications for road and transport infrastructure, storm water and flooding, and road and earthwork design.
- provide expert pre-lodgement advice to developers on engineering matters.
- provide valuable input to the regular review of the Gympie Regional Council Planning Scheme and the Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
- Oversee developers in the delivery of works to ensure compliance with Council standards.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manage, lead, coach and motivate the development engineering team.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Significant and relevant experience in a senior leadership role from a development engineering environment.
- Proven experience in managing, developing and leading a team of professionals, including knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Experience in the interpretation of relevant legislation including the Local Government Act 2009, the Sustainable Planning Act 2009.
- High level experience in the use of engineering standards, specifications and codes.
- High level written and verbal communication skill, and proven experience in providing expert advice on development engineering matters.
- Knowledge of construction standards and previous experience in overseeing developers or contractors.
Qualifications and/or experience in project management techniques and frameworks would be a clear advantage, as too would knowledge of flood modelling techniques. Registration as an RPEQ would be desirable, but not essential.
How to apply
visit www.gympie.qld.gov.au, click on the 'Jobs at Council' menu link, then click on the corresponding job number GRC309 to complete the online application process.