Remuneration: This position will be remunerated at Level 6.1, equivalent to $81,949 per annum plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 2 September 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position will be pivotal to the control and coordination of projects involving the scoping, design and construction of infrastructure, and be responsible for project inspections, asset recognition and asset management, as well as the management and procurement of contracts and the management of contractors.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a degree qualified individual, with experience in civil infrastructure planning, design and project management to work as part of a Project Delivery team for the Water Business Unit. Your skill with project management will ensure the Water Business Unit can deliver its capital works programs and projects with a focus on quality standards, cost effectiveness and timely outcomes.
As Project Manager for the Water Business Unit, responsible to the Program Manager, it will be your responsibility to:
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of capital works programs and projects to ensure they meet quality standards and are delivered in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Prepare and undertake project briefs, design management, procurement, contractor negotiation, contract management, financial administration, record keeping and other tasks as required for the project coordination of Council civil infrastructure projects.
- Prepare and maintain project management plans to ensure projects are appropriately managed and monitored for risks and issues as they arise.
- Management of external consultants and contractors to ensure that projects are delivered.
- Prepare and implement effective communication plans to ensure stakeholders are appropriately informed.
- Liaise with other Council departments, Government agencies, Council clients and staff to ensure that projects are planned, designed, coordinated and implemented in accordance with statutory obligations and Council objectives.
- Provide advice to Council staff on projects and Water Business Unit technical matters.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, systems, procedures and operational standards
- Assist in the development of future Capital Works Programs as directed.
- Ensuring assets delivered by projects are captured in the corporate asset information management systems.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, such as Civil Engineering, Project Management or other similar qualifications relevant to the position.
- Extensive experience in civil infrastructure planning, design and project management.
- Analytical, problem solving and investigative skills and techniques, and develop actionable strategies and plans that will achieve outcomes in unstructured situations with only limited direction.
- High level of oral and written communication skills including analytical reports and presentations and demonstrated ability in the use of computer applications and information systems, especially in the area of project management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Australian Standards and State and Local Government legislation relating to delivery of water supply and wastewater projects.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Program Manager, Nasir Shah on email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org