Senior Engineer (2 Positions) 4025 and 4026 - [Archived Advertisement]
Toowoomba Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Engineer (2 Positions) 4025 and 4026
Work Type: Temporary - Full Time
Applications Close: 23 April 2018 11:45 PM
The Toowoomba region is about rich traditions and bold ambitions. Our long and proud agricultural history has evolved Toowoomba into Australia’s second largest inland city supporting diverse townships in the council area and acting as a service centre for South West Qld and North West NSW. The region is boldly forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Growth hasn’t come at the expense of liveability though, with Toowoomba twice voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Toowoomba Regional Council services a regional population of 163,000 and employs a team of approximately 1,800 staff, dedicated and passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the community, residents and visitors throughout the region. We recognise that our success depends upon attracting and retaining skilled and talented staff and offer a wide variety of interesting challenges and opportunities to develop your career.
BE A PART OF SIGNIFICANT WATER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN A PROGRESSIVE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
About the role
- Perform engineering and project management services to assist in the delivery of current or future infrastructure projects within the Water and Waste Services Group.
- Total remuneration range of up to $88,626.47 - $94,540.51 p.a. (includes salary range of $77,916.01 - $83,115.35, employer super contributions of 12.4% and 17.5% annual leave loading).
- Two-year full-time contract.
How to be successful in this position - Success Criteria
You will need:
- The mandatory qualifications as outlined in the "Success Criteria" of the Position Description.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in project management. Experience in delivering projects through all project phases – initiation, planning, executing, closing and monitoring, and control. Experience in a local government environment, including delivery of water, wastewater and waste projects preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in contract management. Experience in preparing offer documentation, evaluation of offers received, performing the role of Principal’s or Superintendent’s representative / delegate, contract administration and effectively managing supply and construction contracts from procurement to handover.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the demonstrated ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people (e.g. internal and external stakeholders such as Council staff, consultants, government agencies, members of the public, suppliers, contractors).
- Demonstrated experience in fostering and maintaining effective working relationships and teamwork within immediate work groups, project teams and broader organisational groups.
- Understanding of and commitment to Council's Organisational Values and Behaviours of Collaboration and Teamwork.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit two documents:
- A document addressing the “Success Criteria” in the Position Description in three pages or less; and
- Your current resume.
Visit our website www.tr.qld.gov.au/jobs for information on how to apply for jobs at Toowoomba Regional Council. Applicants are encouraged to apply online.
For further information
Please contact Greg Dinsey on 07 4688 6703 within business hours.
The advertising for the position will close at 11.45pm, Monday, 23 April 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Apr 2018
- QLD - Toowoomba City
- $77,916.011 - $83,115.35
- Work Type:
Water Management Policy/Planning
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis