As one of Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
We are pleased to be recruiting for South32 at their GEMCO operation on Groote Eylandt.
We are seeking an experienced Water Engineer to join the GEMCO Production Planning team. Reporting to the Senior Engineer Mine Design you will be responsible for developing and communicating the short-term (
• Developing pit dewatering strategies, schedules and stage plans that maintain predictable, stable levels of production performance for Production Mining, Processing and Logistics activities;
• Designing and selecting pipelines, fittings and pumps to maximise pit dewatering capability and efficiently transfer water from water storages to the Concentrator to satisfy processing water supply requirements;
• Updating and communicating the GEMCO water management strategy;
• Undertaking drainage assessments and developing strategies for wet season preparedness in accordance to the GEMCO water management strategy;
• Competently conduct statistical analyses, GIS mapping, water balance modelling, hydrological and hydraulic modelling;
• Proactively managing the GEMCO water management capital plan with all relevant GEMCO stakeholders;
• Engaging relevant stakeholders and seeking their buy-in to deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual pit dewatering strategies to maximise business performance and equipment productivities;
• Displaying strong visible safety leadership and participation in the investigation of reported events; and
• Identifying and implementing safety, volume and cost improvement initiatives.
• Tertiary qualification in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with a focus on hydro geology or hydrology;
• More than 5 years’ experience in an operational de-watering setting including civil construction or mining applications;
• Demonstrated success in project management;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent communication skills for interacting at all levels in the organisation;
• Personal pride in yourself and in being part of a successful, hard-working team; and
• Proficiency in Vulcan, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office and specialist water modelling software.
What does South32 offer?
• 4/3 roster from Cairns or Darwin
• Superannuation Matching Contributions
• 26 Weeks paid parental leave
• Education and Career Development
• Employee Share Plan
• Competitive Salaries
GEMCO is one of the world’s largest manganese mining and concentrating operations located on Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory accounting for over 20% of the worlds high grade manganese ore production.