As one of the Australia's largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod's recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
We are currently actively seeking an experienced Water and Waste Water Technician for exciting roles with a leader in Iron Ore. This will be on a 8/6 roster from Perth to the Pilbara. Camp facilities that boasts rooms with air-con and TV, gym, pool, sporting facilities, and WIFI.
Non Process Infrastructure (NPI) ensures the potable water infrastructure is operated, maintained and governed to meet relevant Regulatory, Corporate and Internal management requirements. The provision of safe and reliable drinking water is an important organizational goal.
The Water & Waste Water Treatment Plant Technician will be responsible for the reliable operation of water & waste water treatment plants, cleaning of membranes, and operational supervision of key critical control points of water & waste water infrastructure in accordance with our clients policies and procedures and operating license parameters. This includes the operation of the various water and waste water schemes.
Reporting to the NPI Water Supervisor, your duties will include:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- Work with your Supervisor and in accordance with site operations and maintenance procedures to ensure compliance to achieve the required level of safe drinking water for the respective operating areas.
- Complete daily sampling and instrument data collection in accordance with the operational procedures.
- Monitor alarms and take the necessary operational action to manage the risk to quality and supply.
- Perform preventative and corrective operational tasks to ensure reliable and safe operations of treatment plants which can include, nano filtration, reverse osmosis, cartridge filters, multi-media filters, activated carbon, UV disinfection and gas chlorination & electro-chlorination.
- Perform necessary chemical system replacements and organise disposal of used chemical IBC and drums.
- Understand bore fields layouts and processes.
- Monitor operational trends and escalate operational faults/ issues with respective water and source supervisor to ensure timely close out of those issues.
- Troubleshoot operational performance issues with Water Supervisor and develop improvement strategies where required.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess some of the following:
- Experience in water & waste water treatment plant operations and maintenance activities
- Mechanical or plumbing trade qualification (desirable)
- Cert III in Water Operations (desirable)
- Forklift (LF) High risk work license (desirable)
- Valid Australian C class driver’s license (required)
- Working in a team environment
You will demonstrate your commitment to safety and use your experience and judgment to ensure yourself and your workmates stay safe. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity together with your positive mind set in dealing with work and people will be highly regarded.
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage Female, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applications.
If you are interested in teaming up with Chandler Macleod please Apply Now!