Decadal Forecast Ocean-Atmosphere Dynamicist
- Add value to the making of useful climate forecasts
- Multiple positions available in Hobart
- Apply your skills in a dynamic role with a supportive team at CSIRO!
CSIRO is providing an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist to join the decadal forecasting team and use your expertise to advance our understanding of the predictability of the climate system.
You as the successful candidate will use your expertise to advance CSIRO’s understanding of the predictability of the climate system. You will require an understanding of ocean dynamical processes and the mechanisms by which they couple to the atmosphere dynamics.
You will join a dynamic group of researchers interested in the climate system and the applications of models to make useful climate forecasts.
Location: Hobart TAS
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in oceanography, meteorology, mathematics, physics, or a relevant discipline area
- Extensive knowledge of atmosphere-ocean coupling and/or Upper Ocean processes.
- Experience with analysis of observational and model data sets.
- Advanced experience in numerical programming using matlab, fortan, python or similar programming languages
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Friday 16 June 2017