- Lead the research that underpins the sustainable management of our land, water, ecosystems, biodiversity and cities.
- Address national challenges through building science capacity to discover and innovate
- Join CSIRO, Australia's Innovation Catalyst
CSIRO Land & Water research delivers the knowledge and innovation needed to underpin the sustainable management of our land, water, ecosystems, biodiversity and cities. Through an integrated systems research approach we provide the information and technologies required by government, industry and the Australian and international communities to protect, restore, and manage natural and built environments.
The Director is responsible for organization-wide leadership in Land & Water research and development. This encompasses direct leadership of the CSIRO Land & Water business unit and fostering linkages to other relevant parts of the organisation.
In this role you will:
- Lead CSIRO Land & Water’s people, and manage financial resources, infrastructure and other assets to ensure their effective and efficient use;
- Undertake long term science impact planning to address national challenges and to build capacity to innovate for science discovery;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, clients and partners to ensure alignment of CSIRO Land & Water’s activities with the needs of the nation;
- Bring global market knowledge and domain expertise to shape CSIRO Land & Water’s business that will build on CSIRO’s track record in driving commercial outcomes, and delivering national impact in this area;
- Strive for “Zero Harm” through a commitment to a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable workplace.
For further information about this role, and to apply please contact Terri Ward at: email@example.com or phone +61 447 667 439
Location: Brisbane or Canberra preferable
Salary: An attractive package by negotiation including up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 15 September 2017
Do not use the "Apply now" button. All enquiries should be directed to Terri Ward at: firstname.lastname@example.org