- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier scientific research organisation
- Pursue advanced research in water quality modelling
- Address socio-economic and health aspects into water quality management
This role will apply and advance modelling tools for water quality of lakes and reservoirs. This requires an in-depth understanding of how to quantify water constituent transport processes in water ecosystems, including modelling of exchanges across boundaries (water-air, water-sediment, surface water-groundwater), as well as basic understanding of ecological and geochemical processes in natural and artificial inland waters.
Specifically you will:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Advance knowledge in water based ecosystems response to environmental stressors using modern monitoring (e.g. remote sensing) and modelling tools.
- Develop models and decision-based support tools to underpin water management, considering legacies, current and proposed development.
- Assist in leading small research projects, including the negotiation of resource requirements, and managing activities involving the implementation and analysis of water quality models such as Delft3D or similar.
- Develop approaches for integrating socio-economic and health aspects into water quality management of inland waters to achieve ecological outcomes.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 years specified term
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as ecological modelling, water science, hydrology or engineering.
- Experience in developing or adapting custom software and scientific models.
- Knowledge in modelling of biogeochemical processes in aquatic systems.
- Willingness to undertake field based research.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details
Applications Close: Friday 30 March 2018