- Lead a dedicated team of scientists
- Address national challenges in marine research
- Join CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere and make a difference
As the Research Director you will set the vision and strategy for the Marine Resources and Industry Research Program within the Oceans and Atmosphere business unit and lead a portfolio of multi-disciplinary, collaborative projects.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Stakeholder engagement
- Resource management
Location: Hobart or Brisbane
Salary: AU$152k to AU$191k, car allowance, up to $10k performance payment plus up to 15.4% super,
To be successful you will have
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Ability to strategically identify national and global research challenges and opportunities to transform the economic, environmental and social sustainability of marine resources and industries.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of a portfolio of science, research and innovation on a national and an international scale.
- Evidence of strong industry engagement and strategic relationship management that grows new opportunities.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team with demonstrated ability to manage performance, undertake strategic planning, operationalise the vision for staff and gain commitment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers in the executive team to maximise opportunity and impact.
Find out more! Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
About Oceans and Atmosphere
CSIRO’s Ocean and Atmosphere research is uniquely placed to deliver significant economic, social and environmental benefits for Australia and the region. We seek to secure Australia’s future through our seas and skies.
How to apply: Please create one PDF document containing your cover letter and CV. Internal applicants please apply online via Jobs Central. External applicants please apply via the Apply link.
Closing date: Monday 23rd April (11.30 pm- Australian Eastern Standard time)