- Are you skilled in providing outstanding administrative support?
- Take your career to another level
- Join CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere - support efficient and effective operations
CSIRO’s Ocean and Atmosphere research is uniquely placed to deliver significant economic, social and environmental benefits for Australia and the region. We seek to secure Australia’s future through our seas and skies.
The current role of Administration Officer within our Coasts Research Program will provide broad administrative support to both the Program’s leadership team as well as all staff within Coasts.
Specifically you will:
- Provide practical support to the Coasts Research Program leadership team on dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties
- Ensure prioritised issues for the Coasts leadership team’s attention are effectively managed
- Prepare and review correspondence and reports that deal with routine matters
- Monitor and follow up on issues that need to be drawn to the Coasts leadership team’s attention in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as directed.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: St Lucia, QLD
Salary: AU $61K - AU $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No.: 57762
To be successful you will need the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, positively contributing to the team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information and ideas, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise demands, and escalate issues when required
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, and show initiative and adaptability when managing competing demands.
- Ability to quickly adapt to technological, structural and procedural changes and maintain\ professionalism and flexibility.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: Monday 16th July 2018