- The Marine National Facility is growing!
- An exciting opportunity to apply your high-level secretariat skills
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
CSIRO’s Marine National Facility (MNF) seeks to appoint an experienced and motivated Policy Support Officer to support. As the successful applicant you will provide high level support to the Governance and Policy Coordinator and the Governance, Policy and Outreach Manager and use judgement to prioritise and take actions on a variety of tasks, including co ordinating the application process for accessing sea time on Investigator, providing secretariat and administrative support for various governance committees.
Your duties will include:
- Provide secretariat support to the MNF Steering Committee and its sub-Committees by:
- preparing agendas; coordinating the preparation of briefing papers; taking minutes and drafting correspondence
- organise travel and logistics for committee meetings and acquit expenses.
- Act as the contact point for applications for sea time matters and case-manage enquiries.
- Coordinate the monitoring of compliance of science operations with Voyage Agreement conditions, MNF policies—e.g. data management; communications— and other applicable requirements.
- Maintain a digital database of scientific voyage outputs (e.g. conferences, papers, policy input etc.).
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: $62K - $79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58903
To be successful you will need:
- An associate diploma, diploma, or degree in a discipline such as business or office administration or other relevant field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience providing high-level administrative support to senior managers in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated highly developed time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues as appropriate; establishing priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to provide a high level of secretariat support to a range of committees that support the MNF’s governance framework.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more here! Balance
The Marine National Facility operates Australia’s only blue-water research vessel dedicated to marine research throughout Australia’s vast ocean territories.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and CV/resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the position description document.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT, 15 Nov. 2018