• Work on advanced wastewater treatment technology!
• Contribute to the interpretation and communication of research!
• Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
The research project staff will mainly participate and assist in experimental work for the industrial project. These roles will focus on contributing to developing advanced wastewater treatment technology, in particular using advance oxidation technology and membrane technology. This is to tackle difficult high salinity industrial wastewater. Some of the project outcome will include the optimisation of the advance oxidation technology, development of new nanocomposite membrane materials and innovation of process integration and pilot plant engineering demonstration.
Your duties will include
- Make significant contributions to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results and may collaborate on drafting presentations to, and/or detailed written reports for, clients and the scientific and/or technology community.
- Participate in planning projects and accept responsibility for the scheduling and completion of major parts of projects, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
- Provide coaching, on-the-job training and instruction to colleagues, on activities pertaining to the immediate work area and responsibilities, allocate activities, direct tasks and manage resources to meet objectives, as required.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: $43 - $48 per hour plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Casual Part-time
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline area, such as materials science/engineering, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, chemistry or polymer chemistry.
- Previous experience in experimental research in membrane materials and technology for water treatment.
- Knowledge and /or experience in the membrane fabrication, characterisation and membrane system operation, preferably membrane distillation.
- Knowledge and/or experience in membrane module design and assembly, preferable in scale up flat sheet and/or hollow fibre membrane fabrication.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday, 25th February, 2019.