- Looking for the next step in your career?
- Contribute to the interpretation and communication of research!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
Research Projects staff in CSIRO collaborates in scientific and technological activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental, observational or technology development work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.
As the research project staff you will mainly participate and carry out experimental work in the industrial project focusing on developing advanced wastewater treatment technology. You will focus on using advance oxidation technology and membrane technology to tackle difficult high salinity industrial wastewater. Some of the project outcome will include the optimisation of the advance oxidation technology, development of new nanocomposite membrane materials and innovation of process integration and pilot plant engineering demonstration.
Your duties will include
- Assist with experimental work in the lab for the timely delivery of the project, this may include evaluation of advanced oxidation technologies, catalysts and membrane fabrication and characterisation.
- Assist with the sample analysis by using a wide range of analytical techniques.
- Participate in a team-based approach to problem solving and detailed project planning.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: $32 - $41 per hour plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Casual Part-time
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, materials science/engineering, or science (chemistry, polymer chemistry).
- The ability to work hands-on in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc).
- Great communication, problem solving and time management skills.
- The ability to undertake and complete tasks effectively, working with discretion to decide on the timing of experiment and planning ahead to meet project demands.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday, 25th February, 2019