Executive Officer - National Collections and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI) - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Officer - National Collections and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI)
- Provide executive support to CSIRO’s National Collections and Marine Infrastructure business unit
- Maintain critical relationships with leaders within and outside the organisation
- Influence strategic decisions and policy
The National Collections and Marine Infrastructure (NCMI) Business Unit (BU) includes the Marine National Facility (MNF), the National Research Collections Australia (NRCA), the Atlas of Living Australia (ALA), the Engineering and Technology program (E&T), and the Environomics Future Science Platform (FSP).
As the Executive Officer with the NCMI, you will provide high level support in the management and administration of the BU and support efficient and effective operations in delivering CSIRO’s strategy. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, a broad range of scientific, political, market, strategic planning, business development and management issues relevant to CSIRO and the NCMI. As a critical member of the NCMI Leadership Team, you will provide support to the team, and maintain contact with senior management across the organisation as well as with external business leaders.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership to ensure effective team performance, providing executive and administrative support to management.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the leadership team, develop cross-organisational networks and liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Influence the BU’s strategic decisions and policy, and align function goals with broader BU goals.
- Undertake issues management via the provision of advice and prioritisation for management, and develop appropriate responses.
- Coordinate reviews, responses, meetings, conferences and reporting requirements, and deliver specific project initiatives.
- Coordinate BU compliance with CSIRO requirements and provide oversight of the BU risk management framework.
- Assist in the coordination of communication between the BU leadership team members.
- Prepare and coordinate ministerial correspondence and briefings.
Location: Hobart, TAS or Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$115k – AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term ending 30 June, 2025, full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent management/leadership experience in the relevant science domain.
- The ability to collaborate widely both internally and externally and provide guidance to managers and staff.
- The ability to appropriately manage sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams including leadership in coordinating diverse groups of professionals to deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of literacy and editing skills.
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to manage complex problems and competing demands.
- Extensive experience in successful project management.
For full details about this role please view the Position Details
Open to Australian or New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply online and provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Thursday 16 September, 2021 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Sep 2021
- AU$115k – AU$135k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: