Seeking an experienced Water Project Manager to work for a high profile local government organisation on a 6 month temporary contract.
The position will be responsible for coordinating and leading operational water management of the Council's parks and open spaces to meet their water targets, deliver on the parks water savings action plan and contribute to Council's position being a leading environmental performer in line with the Sydney 2030 strategy.
6 month temporary engagement, casual daily rate on offer + 9.5% superannuation (40 hours per week, flexibility is required).
Seeking applicants with the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering, Sustainability or
- Environmental Management or a similar engineering or science discipline with experience in water management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring water projects and strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and controlling multiple projects and contracts that provide value for money, are delivered on time and achieve corporate objectives.
- Project management experience and a track record in managing all stages of the project lifecycle including feasibility, consultants and contractors, documentation, authority approvals, procurement processes, contract administration, process development and implementation, risk management and handover.
- Advanced problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with experience in analysing data and reports to draw out key findings, provide clear advice, present information effectively, and to interact with a broad range of senior staff, technical specialists, operational staff community members and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, manage tasks and to consistently produce quality work to agreed deadlines, including the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and interests in a high volume environment.
- Class C NSW driver’s licence or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the functions, obligations and operations of Local Government (desired).
To apply, please submit your application to Vanessa Salvadori or contact Vanessa on 02 9734 7006