Accounting Systems Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Accounting Systems Manager
- Remuneration : Commencing from $141,860 plus 15% superannuation
Ongoing, Full-time (Open to Flexible hours)
Free gym membership
Icon Water’s Finance team is looking for a passionate and analytical minded individual to drive improvements in management reporting that is relevant and current to enable efficient running of the business.
This role will give you the opportunity to build and maintain our current financial reporting system. You will champion change initiatives and seek opportunities for organisational improvement, and encourage others to change inefficient work practices.
Using your expertise, you will compile, extract and interpret data from various systems, to support financial control, performance analysis and decision-making. In addition, you will drive the building, assessment and setting up of financial reports, reporting solutions and appropriate cubes and interfaces.
About Icon Water
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Why should you work for us?
We pride ourselves on being an employer who has a focus on flexible working arrangements, commitment to professional development programs, generous salary and benefits, free gym memberships and relocation allowance. We are a highly collaborative team that values a culture of safety, excellence and openness. We are committed to delivering quality service to our business.
To succeed in this role, you will possess:
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting and membership with CPA or ICAA.
2. Significant experience in quantitative, financial and analytical skills within a commercial environment and extensive experience in the industry.
3. Proven experience in the use of complex financial reporting systems and Microsoft Office especially Excel including VBA.
4. Experience using a computerised accounting software package (Oracle)
5. Experience in financial systems implementation and enhancement
6. Strong knowledge of TM1 (or similar system) with ability to propose and manage enhancements to the existing system
7. Knowledge of using account types (Assets, Liabilities, Revenues, Expenses, Owners Equity), budgeting & forecasting, preparing accounting journals
Does this sound like you?
If yes, log on our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the key skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in the role. Applications close 11 PM 29 March 2019.
To learn more about this opportunity please connect with Mark Lanham on 0475 974 363.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Mar 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time