Legal Counsel - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Canberra location
Remuneration Package: Commencing from $123,847 plus 15% superannuation
12 months Maximum-Term, Full-Time (Flexible working options available)
Our Legal and Secretariat Group provides legal advice and support services to a range of internal customers across the business. The group is also responsible for providing effective secretariat support to Icon Water’s Boards and Board Committees.
Our team is committed to celebrating curiosity, engaging in opportunities to learn about others and from others across the business as an essential part of providing quality service.
We are looking for a well-rounded lawyer with excellent communication skills to join us as a Legal Counsel. Working collaboratively with the team and others across the business, you will be responsible for the provision of high-level legal services on diverse issues across Icon Water.
A day in the life…
- Develop, maintain and manage professional relationships with Icon Water’s managers and their staff in order to act as a reference point within the business for legal advice.
- Provide advice to Icon Water business units to address and resolve complex issues across a range of areas including contracts and procurement, regulatory compliance and general commercial.
- Prepare and review complex legal documents and correspondence.
- Provide formal and informal legal training to staff at all levels across Icon Water, preparing training content that is practical and relevant.
- Develop and modify organisation wide policies and procedures as required based on legal and operational changes.
Why Icon Water?
Icon Water owns and operates Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are our own customers, so we take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits. You can also hear from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
Key qualifications, skills and experience we will need you to have:
1. Tertiary qualifications in law from a common law jurisdiction.
2. Currently hold, or be eligible to hold, a practising certificate in the ACT.
3. Demonstrated legal experience in a commercial/corporate environment in either a reputable law firm or in-house.
4. Proven experience managing stakeholder expectations, designing, and delivering services to meet stakeholder requirements.
5. Experience preparing and presenting information on legal and business issues.
6. Experience in legal and commercial negotiations.
You are interested in learning and adaptive to new ideas and challenges
You are organised and adjust your plans to meet priorities
You build and champion positive relationships and enjoy providing high-level legal advice.
You can work independently and as part of a small team
You are supportive, value diversity and are respectful of others
About our application process
If you are up for this challenge, please submit your resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, qualifications and experience you can bring to the role via our recruitment portal.
For more information about the role, please contact Macy Dkhar on (02) 6248 3106. Applications will close on Friday 11 October 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Oct 2019
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type:
- Full Time