Water Industry Operator Level 2
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Industry Operator Level 2
- Remuneration: $104,623 (Water Industry Operator Level 2.1 Treatment) plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-time
- Canberra Location
Our Branch is looking for an individual to be our next Water Industry Operator
You will work within a 24/7 shift roster and this role has primary responsibility for operation of equipment, plant and facilities at water and sewage treatment facilities in the ACT Region, with particular emphasis placed on the operation of process at Lower Molonglo Water Quality Control Centre.
About Our Team
The Operations Services Branch consists of the operators and technical staff who coordinate and control operations of all Icon Water sewerage and water assets.
We are a highly collaborative team that values a culture of safety, excellence and openness. We are committed to delivering quality client service to our community in Canberra.
Why Icon Water?
Icon Water owns and operates Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are our own customers, so we take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We want our people to be empowered to work in a collaborative and productive way and that your work and personal lives are in harmony. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits.
A day in the life…
- Under technical guidance, direction and following specified routines and work instructions, operate monitor and control the operation of plant and processes at the Lower Molonglo Water Quality Control Centre in all areas.
- Undertake the detailed inspection, process sampling and operational analysis, and reporting of process performance and equipment operation, including the detection and reporting of malfunctioning processes and equipment.
- Take authorised and proscribed action necessary to ensure optimum equipment and plant process operation and effectiveness.
- Prepare daily reports and logs of routine and corrective actions undertaken, including preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports on water and wastewater treatment plants operations, water and wastewater flows and other related information.
- Provide assistance to supporting business groups with tests, measurements, investigations and trials of a routine and straightforward nature associated with all types of processes and equipment, plant and facilities at water and sewage treatment facilities in the ACT Region.
- You are ready to take on the next step in your career
- You build and champion positive relationships with the business and the community
- You are self-directed and proactive yet know when to seek for help.
- You value a collaborative team culture.
- You are aware of the Health, Safety & Environmental principles and practices and the ability to implement them in the workplace
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Possess a Certificate III in Water Operations or an Associate Diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering from an Australian TAFE institution (or a comparable qualification). Alternatively, be able to demonstrate relevant skills, knowledge and experience considered suitable for the position.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in the operation, monitoring and control of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment including pumps, motors, air compressors/blowers and electronic sensing devices, or high temperature incineration or combustion equipment.
- Possess relevant experience in the use of computers and computerised monitoring systems and equipment similar to those used within Icon Water
About our application process
Please apply through our Recruitment portal by submitting your resume and a cover letter (2 pages maximum) outlining the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to this role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Amanda Brown on (02) 6180 6270.
Applications will close at 11 PM 16 October 2019
- Closing Date:
- 16 Oct 2019
- ACT - Holt
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Small Water and Waste Water Systems
Water Management Policy/Planning
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis
Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)