Trainee Water Industry Operator - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Trainee Water Industry Operator (Treatment)
- 2 positions available
- $35,670 + 15% superannuation
- 2 years Maximum-Term, Full-Time
- Professional development opportunities!
- Canberra location
About our Traineeship Program
Are you looking to kick start your career in the Water industry?
Icon Water are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and self-starters with a passion for the Water Industry to join our Traineeship program. Whether you are fresh from school or looking for a career change, with Icon Water you can earn while you learn!
Our Traineeship program will provide you with a fast-tracked career pathway into the Water Industry. You will find yourself working in a diverse and challenging role where you will be learning to operate Canberra’s water and wastewater facilities whilst working towards a Certificate II in Water Operations.
You will gain on the job training and exposure to:
- Operating, monitoring and controlling the plant
- Conducting detailed inspection and sampling procedures
- Preparation of reports and recommendation of corrective actions
- Participation in development of safe working practices and procedures
- Testing and training of new technologies
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and highly encourage women to apply.
Icon Water’s values are safety, excellence and openness and employees are recognised and rewarded for their performance and contribution to these values. This is in addition to offering generous salary and benefits, fully subsidised gym memberships, a staff rewards program and much more...
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of Year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Passion for the water industry
- Have an understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its importance in a workplace and be passionate about driving safety behaviour every single day.
- Nurture positive relationships but also have a strong sense of accountability and self-drive
- Like exploring new technologies and discovering how to bring innovative ideas to life
- Experience using computer software applications including Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to achieve a Certificate II in Water Operations and undertake training and certification for Confined Spaces Entry and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) accreditation.
- Hold a current ACT C class driving licence
Are you ready to kick-start your career? Check out how to apply!
Please log on to our recruitment portal and:
- upload your resume
- upload your cover letter clearly addressing the ‘What are we looking for’ criteria.
Do you have questions about our Traineeship Program? Would you like to learn more?
For more information about our Traineeship Program, please contact Amanda Brown on 0436 680 595
For information on the application process, please contact Macy Dkhar on (02) 6248 3106
Applications will close at 11 PM 31 October 2019
- Closing Date:
- 31 Oct 2019
- ACT - Holt
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis