2 positions available
3 year maximum term contracts
Icon Water are seeking passionate engineers to work on challenging, unique projects. You will be part of our diverse and dynamic project delivery team responsible for the concept, planning, delivery and finalisation of mixed discipline projects.
About Icon Water
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
Why work for us?
You will get to work on challenging projects building infrastructure to support Canberra’s future. We also offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, flexible work arrangements, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more
What does the role look like?
Being successful in this role will give you the opportunity to work on innovative and challenging projects across all engineering disciplines. Some of our major programs in the near future include upgrades to our unique sewerage treatment plant, renewing our biggest reservoirs, developing renewable energy systems and increasing the capacity of our infrastructure to make way for our growing city.
What are we looking for (Selection Criteria)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering (civil, mechanical, process, electrical)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies in line with the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK);
- Sound knowledge of contractual requirements
- Experience in the engineering, materials and applicable standards for hydraulic structures related to municipal water supply and sewerage facilities
- Knowledge of and experience in, gaining statutory approvals for projects and a familiarity with Legislation including the Environmental Protection Act.
- Knowledge of various forms of Contract including but not limited to Australian Standards Contracts and bespoke contracts.
Does this sound like you?
If this exciting role takes your interest, please submit a cover letter, resume and provide responses to the selection criteria via our recruitment portal by Thursday 17 May 2018.