We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW is looking for an experienced Applied Hydrology Manager to join our Water and Catchment Protection team based at our Parramatta office. The key role is to lead a team of technical hydrology specialists to deliver timely and accurate hydrological and hydraulic planning investigations, studies and related advice, in accordance with regulatory requirements. You will also oversee the delivery of complex hydrology and hydraulic studies, including Probable Maximum Flood estimation and extreme flood studies in the assessment of spillway adequacy, dam break studies, flood mapping and operation and emergency procedures and consequence assessments with high level expert hydrologic advice and support for activities across WaterNSW, including system planning, water delivery, flood and emergency operations and capital works projects; to ensure hydrologic factors are well understood and managed with acceptable risk.
To be successful in this position you will have minimum 5 years of experience leading a technical team and,
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications or wide knowledge in hydrology/hydraulics/flood investigations through projects.
- Extensive experience in flood hydrology and catchment hydrology, floodplain management, statistical hydrology, use of analytical techniques in hydrology and open channel hydraulics.
- Extensive experience in Probable Maximum Flood estimation and extreme flood studies in the assessment of spillway adequacy.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and lead a technical team.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Modern offices in convenient Parramatta CBD location
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working arrangements
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
To apply, please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
Applications close on 5 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.