We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential water infrastructure.
We are currently seeking a Graduate to join our scientific research team at Parramatta office. You will be primarily responsible for undertaking assigned research, projects and tasks, collating and analysing information and data to support the delivery of identified project outcomes within the Water and Catchment Protection function. This position would be ideal for a recent research higher degree graduate.
The Water NSW Graduate program is a commitment to supporting the water industry. The current position simultaneously provide you with exposure to a diverse range of work across WaterNSW while also giving you sufficient time in our Water Quality Programs team to contribute meaningful work while meeting your own professional development goals. This is a 2 year program responsible for the delivery of a science research and innovation project within the Water Quality Programs team.
- Recent graduate from a relevant Science background, research higher degree desirable.
- An understanding of scientific process and experimental design
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret complex information and make reasoned judgements.
- Written and oral communication skills applicable to technical professionals, client groups, government bodies and the public, together with interpersonal communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in undertaking research and analysis and in using appropriate technology such as R or other code-based data analysis software – favourable
What we are offering:
- Participate in our 2 year Graduate Program with ongoing mentoring and development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Be part of a successful and growing business
- Join a great team and culture where you will be provided a unique opportunity to inspire innovative solutions and challenge outdated processes or paradigms to drive business improvement.
Encouraged to apply are 2020-2021 graduates in one of the following disciplines:
Environmental Science, Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Statistics, Data Science, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Ecology, Spatial Science or other science degree relevant to water quality and catchment management (Bachelors, Masters and PhD graduates are eligible to apply)
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description. Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 20th October 2021