We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Project Manager to manage the planning and delivery of a portfolio of complex and/or high risk, high value asset projects to meet time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW’s project delivery framework and tools. You will also support and mentor Project Managers, share knowledge and expertise to assist them in delivering their projects and increasing the overall skill base of the team. The role will also involve support to the Project Delivery Manager to meet team objectives.
You will control project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations that could impact on project outcomes. Provide accurate forecasts, regular and timely reporting on project parameters including progress against project plan, risks and issues and on project performance. Ensure internal and external resources are effectively briefed, available and engaged in a timely manner.
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in Project Management or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in delivering a portfolio of asset dominant projects (preferably from a client perspective) and/or delivery of standalone complex, high risk or large projects valued in excess of $20m meeting time, quality and cost targets. Noting that WaterNSW core asset base is diverse and ranges from dams, water regulating structures, bridges, roads, canals, embankments, buildings and other assets
- Ability to assess safety and other various risk exposures and proactively manage these across project lifecycles
- Leads and engages others in all aspects of the change process aligned to delivery of new assets or systems
- Understanding of regulatory and planning requirements as they relate to the delivery of capital projects
- Experience in successfully managing contracts, consultant engagements and contractors to efficiently and effectively deliver desired outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practical application of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies
- Proven ability to manage a range of different stakeholders and their potentially conflicting needs to obtain agreement on actions and outcomes
- Strong commercial acumen to identify benefits, opportunities and trade-offs to be made when formulating and executing business cases, project plans and contract management and negotiations
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with a demonstrable track record of achieving beneficial outcomes for the business
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
What we are offering
- Permanent, Full time role
- Flexible work arrangements, 9 day fortnight
- Supportive and inclusive team culture
- Role is based in Parramatta, NSW
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Manager who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full Project delivery lifecycle.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check & Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 27th October 2021