- Permanent role with attractive remuneration package
- 9 day fortnight
- Work with a dynamic and passionate team
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
Our goal is to ensure we go above and beyond our customers’ expectations. We supply and seek to improve availability of water that is essential for water users and the communities throughout NSW. We do this by providing efficient and timely services to customers water licenses and work approvals for surface water and groundwater.
This is primarily a field based position, where you will provide information, expert advice and services to customers and stakeholders to improve their understanding of the regulatory framework for water. In this role, you will be responsible for providing personalised customer service and ensuring that customers have access to their water, through accurate and timely water accounting transactions. This includes determining water take via a range of measurement devices and assessment methods.
You will be self-motivated and driven to achieve outcomes and thrive in an environment where you have clear deadlines and expectations set. You will be required to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and can work in the field in remote and isolated areas of the state.
You must be focused, hardworking and committed to finding the solutions that drive results and be able to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment.
We are looking for:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Administrative/ data analysis and reporting experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work autonomously from time to time
- Resolving customer matters to ensure effective outcomes
- Strong ability to educate and motivate customers to use new systems and procedures for water ordering and the reporting of water take to modernise customer service
- Intra state travel with the ability to travel large distances and conduct field work in a variety of locations
- NSW drivers’ license
- Field Officers at WaterNSW work towards improving customer knowledge, awareness and obligations associated with extraction of bulk water in NSW. Providing customer account balances and addressing customer queries/ resolving issues is an integral part of this role.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment check/s including a National police check, Medical check and Working with Children Check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this/ these check/s.
For further information on the role please email Recruitment@waternsw.com.au or see the attached Position Description.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 14 December 2021.