We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
At WaterNSW our goal is to ensure we go above and beyond our customers’ expectations. We supply and seek to improve availability of water that is essential for water users and the communities throughout NSW. We do this by providing efficient and timely services to customers for water licences and approvals for surface water and groundwater.
We are currently looking for a Licensing Officer to join our team Licensing Operations team on a 12month fixed term basis. If you are an exceptional communicator, with strong customer service, leadership qualities and people skills, keep reading!
The Licensing Officer is responsible for providing a streamlined point of contact for customers as well as processing applications and conducting administration activities, whilst maintaining compliance with legislation and regulatory guidelines and excellence in safety.
This is a customer service-based role, you will be required to be motivated, a clear communicator, manage your time & workflow, provide technical advice and guidance within your team and to the customers on a daily basis to improve their understanding of the regulatory framework for water.
You will be driven to achieve outcomes and thrive in a high-volume work environment where you have clear deadlines and expectations set. You will enjoy working within a team, be able to communicate well virtually with your team and take accountability for your work outputs. You don’t shy away from dealing with challenging situations and customers and have the negotiation skills to make an impact in a positive way. Focused, hardworking and committed, you are not interested in issues rather; you want to find the solutions that drives results.
- Responsible for completing environmental and technical assessments under the legislative framework and make recommendations on applications under the Water Management Act.
- Demonstrated experience in navigating and interpreting legislation and regulatory instruments, especially in a processing environment
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy team environment, that includes both office & and remote working
- Be flexible to adapt to an everchanging environment
- Intra state travel for team collaborations (no site visits) and will be required to attend their local office.
- NSW drivers licence
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- flexible location (Parramatta/Dubbo)
- We will ensure you have all the tools and support you need to do your job
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au the position description can be found here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close Monday 10th August 2022.