Project Engineer Major Projects - Launceston (Tasmania) - [Archived Advertisement]
- $35 Million Dollar Upgrade Project over multiple TasWater sites
- Fixed term contract for 2 years based in iconic Launceston
- Excellent remuneration with potential relocation assistance
TasWater has been tasked with a $35 million dollar project to upgrade and replace existing water sewerage assets across multiple sites. This is a two year project. Your role as the Project Engineer of Major Projects will be to undertake investigations and design work through development of engineering solutions, preparation and review of drawings, technical specifications and provide technical support to other areas of the division. The position is directly accountable to the Project Manager. The role exercises professional knowledge and judgement and operates with a degree of independence within their range of qualification and experience. The role is expected to make sound decisions that contribute to the achievement of the division’s objectives without detailed supervision but with guidance on more unusual situations or tasks.
Your Key Accountabilities
As the Project Engineer Major Projects, you will;
- Use your engineering knowledge to develop high quality design solutions in alignment with the business case objectives for the upgrade of water and wastewater infrastructure that satisfies organisational, statutory and engineering requirements
- Prepare functional requirements and technical specifications to support the development of conceptual and detailed designs and technical drawings
- Prepare cost estimations based on conceptual and detailed designs and drawings
- Construction management and supervision
- Take the design lead from conception to commissioning
- Support the Project Manager to ensure projects are delivered to scope, budget, within schedule, fit for purpose and in accordance with relevant standards, guides and TasWater policies, processes and procedures
Who are you?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in civil or mechanical engineering (or equivalent) with 5 years’ experience in projects and construction of Sewage Treatment Plants
- Experience as a member of Principal or Contractor teams delivering design and construct projects
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary design and construction principles and experience in delivery of such sewage treatment projects
- Experience in managing and overseeing delivery of design projects across multiple disciplines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater's vision is to be 'a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania'. We believe that our vision is about building trust and respect with our colleagues and customers. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work each and every day, as the sole provider of water and sewerage services to businesses and homes across the state.
Why join the TasWater Team?
At TasWater we look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. We believe in promoting a culture that encourages productive behaviours and gives our team members an opportunity to contribute to a sustainable future.
It is our people who play an integral role in helping TasWater achieve our vision of a sustainable water future. TasWater encourages our people to think innovatively. We understand that a work life balance in today's climate is important and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for a copy of the position description www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers
Please include a Cover Letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description in your application.
Applications close 12 noon on 12 December 2017.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Dec 2017
- National - Launceston
- Work Type:
Small Water and Waste Water Systems
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis
- APS Classification:
- Senior Executive (Specialist) Band 1