Engineer Asset Strategy
Who Is TasWater?
TasWater provides essential water and sewerage services to homes and businesses across Tasmania 24/7/365. Our core business is to provide:
- The sourcing, treatment and reliable delivery of quality drinking water, and
- The collection, transportation, treatment and safe return of the wastewater to the environment.
Our vision is to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”. We do this by living our values and behaviours and making these the foundation of the way we work.
You will contribute to the development of water and sewerage asset and system strategies that address and provide a balance between short and long term needs, customer service levels, asset life cycle cost and operational risk. You can choose to be located in Hobart, Launceston or Devonport.
- Contribute to asset management frameworks for determining asset strategy for water, wastewater and recycled water network, treatment plant, pumping, and storage assets.
- Develop growth and capacity plans
- Contribute to the development of system masterplans.
- Contribute to asset strategies to deliver the outcomes in the Corporate Plan.
- Support the development of Asset Management Policies and contribute to the Strategic Asset Management Plan.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the asset management system.
Your application must include a cover letter that tells us about:
- Why you are interested in this role.
- Your knowledge and experience of water and wastewater engineering
- Your experience in contemporary asset management, preferably within the water industry
- Any other key skills and experience you can bring to the role.
Why join the TasWater Team?
We recognise that it is our people who play a key role in helping us achieve our vision to be “a trusted and respected provider of essential services that is making a positive difference to Tasmania”.
We look for highly talented and motivated people whose values align with our own. You can find out more about our values and what we do at https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Who-is-TasWater-/Who-is-TasWater-
You can look forward to working in an exciting, stimulating and innovative workplace that provides a range of opportunities to make a real difference to the community. We encourage our people to take part in comprehensive training and career development, with a focus on innovative thinking. We understand that a work life balance in today's climate is important, offer flexible working arrangements and consider health and safety to be our number one priority.
How to apply?
- Visit our website https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers to find out more about the role and view the position description.
- For assistance in applying, go to https://www.taswater.com.au/About-Us/Careers/Applying-for-a-position
- Make sure you follow the instructions in the ‘Your Application’ section above to give yourself the best chance of being selected for interview.
- Submit your application via the ‘Apply Now’ button in SEEK or send directly to email@example.com
For further information about this role please contact David Graham, Manager Asset Strategy, on 03 6237 8337 or David.Graham@taswater.com.au
Applications close 12 noon on 22 October 2018.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Oct 2018
- $77,843- 86,492 per annum (incl. superannuation)
- Work Type:
- Full Time