We are looking for a highly experienced Regulatory and Corporate Strategy Adviser to join the Corporate Systems & Regulatory Strategy team at WaterNSW. Reporting directly to the Manager Government Relations & Regulatory Strategy, this role will see you assist in the development and execution of medium to long term strategies in the markets in which the company operates to influence regulatory settings and thereby enhance the commercial opportunities for the company.
About the position:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and hardworking team. A key part of your role will be to understand the market environment through regular interaction with and coordination of both Governments up to Ministerial level, other water market participants and thought shapers in and around the water market; and the Retail, Business Development and Economic Regulation functions within WaterNSW. It will focus on handling regulatory reform currently underway within the water space. This includes, but is not limited to the development of Water Resource Plans, ongoing implementation of the Murray Darling Basin Plan, and infrastructure development, supply and protection of the Sydney catchment.
The role would suit a Regulatory Adviser who has worked within complex organisations and demonstrated experience in working in high performing teams.
- At least 5 years demonstrated regulatory experience.
- Water industry experience would be highly regarded with accountabilities in water market reform ideal.
- Background in utilities and an understanding of the regulatory environment will be highly regarded.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability in handling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proven ability in delivering outcomes in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Developing and influencing the new WaterNSW culture.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications.
We will provide you an attractive remuneration package and all the tools you need to do your role.
You will have the support of your Manager and a great opportunity to grow your career within a progressive and changing environment.
For further information on the role please call Karolina Brimbecom on 0459 876 806
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be eligible to apply.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and where applicable a Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
To apply please visit our careers website www.waternsw.com.au and complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
Applications close: Sunday, 29 April 2018