Environment Team Lead - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environment Team Lead
- $141,860 plus 15% Superannuation
- Ongoing, full-time
- Canberra Location
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
In this role, you will lead the Evoenergy Environmental Team by developing programs and plans that drive long term sustainability.
You will be providing expert advice to the on environmental opportunities, issues and performance, including climate change, sustainable procurement, energy, waste and contaminant and incident management.
That’s the technical stuff, but we value your energy, curiosity, customer focus and ability to build relationships.
If you are a self-starter, who is passionate about sustainable practice and cares about driving positive safety behaviour every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
A day in the life:
- You will be leading and mentoring a small team of environmental specialists
- You will be developing dedicated environmental programs of work and building a probabilistic approach to environmental compliance strategies in anticipation of future regulatory change
- You will be representing Evoenergy at environmental forums
- You will be championing the development of future environmental strategies and actions
- You hold a tertiary qualification in engineering, science or environmental management
- You have a deep understanding of environmental management practices related to the activities of an energy distribution utility
- You have a working knowledge of Commonwealth, ACT and NSW environmental legislation
- You have proven experience in managing of a range of environmental programs
About our application process
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role by addressing the 'about you' statements in your cover letter.
Do you like what you're reading? Do you have questions about the role?
You can contact Michael Wynn, Program of Works Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close on 31 March 2019.
Thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time