Senior River Engineer (Christchurch) - [Archived Advertisement]
Environment Canterbury (View other jobs from this organisation)
Full time permanent position
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our River Engineering Section at Environment Canterbury. The River Engineering Section is responsible for the construction and maintenance of 59 flood protection and drainage schemes throughout Canterbury. The focus of the team you will be working in is delivering technical engineering, planning and environmental services relating to these schemes. You will be undertaking technical investigations, undertaking scheme reviews, providing technical advice and designing and implementing capital works projects.
To ensure your success, you will need:
- Experience working in a river engineering or flood protection role;
- Practical experience working with resource management, local government and other legislation;
- Chartered Professional Engineer status;
- Proven ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with stakeholders and tangata whenua;
- An environmental and health and safety perspective in all aspects of work;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large physical works projects on time and on budget.
Indicative salary depending on experience and expertise.
APPLY AT CAREERS.ECAN.GOVT.NZ OR PHONE 0800 324 636.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY, 10 JUNE 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jun 2018
- International - New Zealand
- Work Type:
- Full Time