Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Gold Coast (View other jobs from this organisation)
City of Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining exciting challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
How We Do Things
A commitment to a shared set of values shapes 'how we do things' - our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
As a Project Manager you will join our Asset Solutions branch, within the Water and Waste (WW) Directorate of City of Gold Coast. Asset Solutions is responsible for the design, construction and acceptance of assets to ensure safe collection, treatment, disposal and reuse of sewage (and residues) as well as ensuring a sufficient and continuous supply of safe and reliable drinking water. In addition the Branch provides capital works delivery support in the management of solid waste.
Key Deliverables of the position:
- Manage the successful project delivery and handover to the operational branches within WW of approved water, sewerage and solid waste capital works projects;
- Ensure all stakeholders are consulted and evaluate responses in line with the projects' requirements;
- Engage consultants in accordance with City of Gold Coast procurement guidelines and ensure that all reports and/or designs prepared by the consultants are consistent with City of Gold Coast design and reporting standards;
- Manage development of contract documentation, tendering process including advertising, assessing tenders, preparing recommendations in accordance with City of Gold Coast procurement guidelines;
- Manage accurate project status reporting, including forecasting expenditure and timelines and ensure that scope, financial and timeline variations are managed in accordance with City of Gold Coast expectations;
You will have substantial design/constructability and project management experience together with knowledge and expertise in more than one relevant engineering discipline involving water, sewer and solid waste infrastructure delivery.
The following personal and technical attributes are desirable for this role.
- Ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure the timely completion of tasks;
- Delivers high quality service to internal and external customers and understands and reacts responsively to customer expectations;
- Highly developed language, grammar, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment, and foster good relationships as part of a high performing team;
- Ability to prioritise problems, think laterally, gather and analyse information to identify symptoms and causes and engage the right people to reach better outcomes.
- Experience in project management and/or project design management with the ability to coordinate and manage project scope and resources to achieve work goals within deadlines.
- Practical construction experience is also beneficial.
What Can We Offer?
Working for the City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance coupled with a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded. We offer professional development training and provide study assistance to enhance your career progression. Competitive remuneration on offer - the remuneration provided above includes Superannuation at 9.5% (we offer up to 12% superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice).
How to apply
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. Please select “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete and submit your application.
For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/COGCRecruitment
- Closing Date:
- 02 Apr 2019
- QLD - Nerang
- $96,014.95 - $102,180.01
- Work Type:
- Full Time