Business Development and Marketing Manager (BDMM) - [Archived Advertisement]
BlueSphere Environmental (View other jobs from this organisation)
Business Development and Marketing Manager (BDMM)
BlueSphere EnvironmentalPty Ltd - Melbourne (CBD & Inner Suburbs)
About BlueSphere Environmental
BlueSphere Environmental is an employee-owned professional services firm specialising in site contamination investigation and remediation, hydrogeological assessment and groundwater resource evaluation. We employ staff with expertise in geology and hydrogeology, environmental chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental risk assessment and environmental auditing. BlueSphere has offices in Melbourne and Adelaide and services a broad range of industry sectors, including government, property, waste, mining, construction, water and energy.
BlueSphere has a growing reputation in the environmental services industry for technical and client service excellence. We value and care for our employees and strive to provide them with a highly enjoyable and professionally challenging work environment – meaningful career progression for all is paramount.
BlueSphere is strongly founded on values of integrity, honesty, teamwork, excellence and innovation and is seeking candidates that conduct themselves in accordance with these values.
The BDMM is expected to lead the way in the procurement of business and the establishment and maintenance of a business development culture for BlueSphere. The BDMM is also expected to play an important role in securing staff. The person in the role is expected to be highly interactive, both internally and externally, to achieve success in the role. The individual will:
- Maintain and continually improve business development and marketing systems.
- Contribute to the development of business development and marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the development of the annual business plan.
- Direct the maintenance/refinement of the company website and other online platforms
- Have technical competence commensurate with years of experience with contaminated land assessment and reporting.
- Assist with the identification and employment of new staff.
- Spend at least 2 days (15 hours) per week out seeing/interacting with clients/potential staff.
- Develop excellent proposal templates.
- Assist with (and in many cases take the lead) in proposal preparation.
- Ensure staff accountability for business development hours.
- Help ensure the achievement of the company revenue and profit plans.
- Play a clear and substantial role in generating agreed project labour revenue per annum.
- Maintain project utilisation in accordance with agreed targets.
- Assist with the development of client and market sector business development plans.
- Undertake client/market/industry research (including competitors) and disseminate as appropriate internally to continually improve market intelligence.
- Report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Develop, maintain and improve company promotional materials including project abstracts, staff resumes, client testimonials, project photography etc.
- Be Melbourne based but with company-wide focus (i.e. Vic, SA and Qld at this stage).
- Have a willingness to travel intra and interstate and work outside of normal working hours especially in regards to attendance at relevant functions.
- At least 5 years of experience in the environmental consulting industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
- Excellent people skills to help drive BD initiatives and develop a business development culture within BlueSphere.
- A willingness to network within relevant industry and target markets including regular attendance at various industry/market forums.
- A willingness to organise and attend (with others as appropriate) business development meetings with clients/potential staff.
- South Melbourne office location, close to public transport.
- December 2018 – January 2019 start date
- Salary negotiable, based on experience.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link and follow the prompts. Please submit a CV and covering letter, addressing the key responsibilities. Applications received without a covering letter and CV addressing the selection criteria, will not be considered. Applications close 12pm (noon) (AEST) Friday 2nd November 2018.
This role does not require Agency input. BlueSphere Environmental does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Nov 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting, Strategy & Planning
Water Quality Monitoring and Analysis