Harbour Master / Marine Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Port of Portland Pty Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Harbour Master / Marine Manager
The Port of Portland is one of four major commercial ports in Victoria, and handles trade worth in excess of $2bn annually. The Port is also one of the most significant businesses in south-west Victoria, situated 350km west of Melbourne, and currently has 50 employees.
Make the most of your maritime experience by joining our team, where we offer the challenge expected from our strategically positioned natural deep water Port as well as an environment that provides an envied quality of life.
Your responsibilities broadly are:
- Team Leader of towage, pilotage and ship scheduling teams (Marine Team)
- Active member of the Management Team
- Licensed Harbour Master for Port of Portland
- Promote a positive and safe work environment
- Manage the maintenance of the port’s channels including annual surveying and maintenance dredging
- Oversee the safe movement of shipping and navigation safety of all vessels in Port of Portland waters
- Control the emergency response to shipping incidents
- Support the CEO in managing and enhancing the port’s environmental management system to achieve an environmentally responsible workplace
- Manage the port’s annual sand bypassing project
- Participate in the port's State Pollution Control obligations
- Be responsible for the maintenance of marine assets such as tug boats and pilot boats
It is anticipated that the successful candidate may be required to carry out pilotage duties from time to time. Training in this area will be required if necessary
The position is based in the port’s office in Portland, Victoria. It is expected that the successful candidate will relocate, if necessary, and live in Portland or the surrounding district.
The successful candidate must have an outstanding professional maritime background holding a Master Class 1 certificate of competency or equivalent qualifications. The Harbour Master role demands an individual with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
A significant remuneration package will be offered to the right person with appropriate relocation expenses paid by the port.
Please send your application, or any inquiries, via email to Janine Marra, Executive Assistant, Port of Portland on firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the position description for this role, visit: https://www.portofportland.com.au/about/employment-opportunities/employment-opportunities/harbourmastermarinemanager/
Applications will close at 4pm on Friday 5 June 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jun 2020
- VIC - Portland
- Work Type:
- Full Time