Water & Wastewater Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Simmonds & Bristow Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the business
Simmonds & Bristow (Est. 1965) is a leading Water & Environmental Consultancy and Registered Training Organisation, with its head office located at Rocklea, Brisbane.
We help people make good clean water throughout Australia, with special emphasis on looking after small and remote communities; from mines, industry and resorts, to rural towns and indigenous communities.
We are seeking a energetic, experienced Water Engineer who is dedicated to providing high quality, value for money engineering services, to join our team of professionals as a Water and Wastewater Engineer.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or similar
Knowledge & Experience:
Have demonstrated experience:
- Water/wastewater treatment plant assessment,
- Water/wastewater treatment plant operation & design;
- Hydrology (pipe, channels, weirs and landscapes);
- Assessment of Environmental and water quality;
- Effluents disposal by irrigation onto pasture, native forest and woodland, steep slopes and rain forest, native grass meadows;
- Undertake dynamic and food Mass balances;
- Model and assess sediment and erosion control;
- Development and assessment of landfill leachate treatment systems and water management plan;
- Assessment of feedlot wastewater treatment and effluent disposal system;
- Stormwater management, channel and drainage systems and applications;
- Undertake engineering research.
A working knowledge of below software (not limiting to):
- CAD based design
Along with a positive attitude, great communication skills and eye for detail, interests in water/wastewater treatment and small collection/reticulation systems is ideal.
Previous experience in consulting industry will be a distinct advantage.
Whats on Offer
We offer a working environment that provides diverse engineering challenges and experience, and has opportunities to deliver environmental solutions that improve the lives of regional and remote peoples.
The position also offers a great opportunity for active contribution to business growth and to run your own race.
A competitive salary, profit share and relocation expenses will be offered to the right person for the job.
No agencies please.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? If you tick most of the other boxes, we would like to hear from you.
Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. A resume must be attached and Cover Letter to address the required skills and experience would be preferred.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact David Bristow or Xin Zhang at 07 3434 3800.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Jul 2020
- Salary range $60,000 to $75,000, plus Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time