Councils take top honours in SA stormwater awards
Four Adelaide councils have taken out the top honours at the prestigious South Australian 2011 Excellence in Stormwater Awards.
The awards, held by the Stormwater Industry Association, recognise, promote and celebrate excellence in the innovation, development and management of stormwater projects.
The award winners are:
- City of Charles Sturt – Water Proofing the West (Stage 1) for Excellence in Strategic or Master Planning;
- City of Salisbury – Unity Park Biofiltration for Excellence in Infrastructure;
- City of Onkaparinga – the City of Onkaparinga’s Water Resources Asset Management Plan and Project and Capital Works Resource Allocation Strategy for Excellence in Asset Management;
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield and Tonkin Consulting – TUFLOW Scenario Modelling, North East Arm Catchment for Excellence in Research, Innovation, Policy or Education;
- Colin Pitman, City of Salisbury – Chair’s Award.
Stormwater Industry Association SA Chair Dr Kylie Hyde said there is an increasingly unified approach to stormwater management across all levels of government, community and industry.
“The awards are a celebration and recognition of the achievements of the people involved in the stormwater industry in South Australia that often go unnoticed,” she said.
“This year, our winning entries show just how wide the body of work in the stormwater space is – with projects spanning harvesting and treating stormwater, to intensive research and development trials for large-scale stormwater harvesting, to managing and planning for stormwater assets.”
The award winners have been entered directly into the National Excellence in Stormwater Awards which will be held in Melbourne in late 2012.