Funds splashed across QLD
A number of key water projects have been promoted in an infrastructure report by Building Queensland.
The Palaszczuk government has been asked to consider 20 projects for further development by Building Queensland in its new Infrastructure Pipeline Report.
The report seeks to inform a revised State Infrastructure Plan and the 2017-19 budget.
While the update has caused controversy for its apparent downgrade of the importance of Gold Coast transport projects, water-users will be pleased to see some of the other measures.
The list includes;
- Lake Macdonald Dam Safety Upgrade
- Saddle Dam and Monolith Improvement Project for the Burdekin Falls Dam
- Primary Spillway Improvement Project and Secondary Spillway Improvement Project for the Paradise Dam
- improvements to Clinton Vessel Interaction at the Port of Gladstone
- enhancements for the Beaudesert Water Supply
- Channel Capacity Upgrade for the Port of Townsville.
An interactive map of all the proposed projects is accessible here.