Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
With a healthy project pipeline into 2018 and beyond, our Flooding and Drainage team in Brisbane seeks to appoint a number of dynamic and passionate water resources professionals to join our established team.
Key responsibilities of the Flooding and Drainage Engineer will include:
- Undertake detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks
- Work within a highly motivated team of water engineers on a range of infrastructure projects
- A passion to develop leading technical expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling & design.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant degree qualifications
- Previous flood modelling and drainage design project experience
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modelling skills
- General civil drainage analysis and design experience
- Ability to use relevant software including:
- 1D & 2D flood modelling software - MIKE FLOOD, MIKE 21, MIKE 11, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS
- Hydrologic modelling software - RAFTS, RORB, URBS
- Urban drainage software- MIKE URBAN, DRAINS
- GIS, AutoCAD & 12D design skills
- MUSIC Modelling
- Water Balance Modelling
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now with your detailed resume as well as current and expected salaries. Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program. Please apply now using the below link.